Wisdom. What would you pay to gain it?
But wisdom is something you can’t purchase with gold or a Ph.D. from Harvard.
How many seemingly successful people do we know who suck at life and relationships?
Because God alone is the source of wisdom. With it, He too gives knowledge and understanding, Proverbs 2:6.
Wisdom is simply the right application of knowledge. Yet, many find themselves pursuing empty gains.
For example, God cautions against lusting after money, power, sex, the applause of men.
Yet our hearts crave for these:
- More and more money—even if you have more than enough.
- Amassing to-die-for blings to upgrade your social standing.
- Pursuing questionable liaisons.
- Seeking to be in control over others.
- Or being concerned with people’s approval rather than God’s.
The list could go on and on and on.
Wisdom is simply the right application of knowledge.
“I have taught you the way of wisdom… the paths of uprightness,” verse 11.
Wisdom is simply traversing the right path, so that even when “you run, you will not stumble,” verse 12. This is the secret to sleeping soundly at night.