In recent years, Holy Week in the Philippines has meant opportunities for people to escape the hustle and bustle of work. Many will be traveling to various vacation spots frolicking on the beaches and in swimming pools. As good as these may be, let us not forget that this is also the time to remember what Jesus did so that we may be reconciled with His Father.
Below are various resources that you can seek out so that aside from being physically refreshed, you will also be spiritually edified:
Listen to praise and worship music.
In your travels, you will be exposed to many songs that do not give you positive feelings. Fire up your music streaming app and search for playlists that contain inspiring songs that will soothe your soul.
Read a devotional series on the passion of Jesus.
Apps like YouVersion and websites like the Christian Broadcasting Network‘s or our very own, CBN Asia’s Tanglaw, all have content that will enrich your knowledge of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus.
Watch videos that will edify you.
Especially now that many networks have online versions of their channel, watching videos that will give your soul the nourishment it needs is now just a click away. Below are a few:
- Download The Chosen app. Watch the biggest crowdfunding project in history. The Chosen is the first-ever multi-season show about the life of Jesus. This series allows viewers to see the life of Jesus through the eyes of those that knew Him. You can even contribute money towards future episodes of the series so that many others around the world can watch for FREE. Your life will never be the same.
- Visit the CBN Family app and watch for free their Prepare the Way and Easter Reflection series.
- For a more Pinoy flavor, watch at 5 pm live on the GMA Network, CBN Asia’s Tanikala episodes, Senior Moment, which stars veteran actors Mari Kaimo and Carla Martinez on Maundy Thursday. On Good Friday, Kampihan, is a story of travel joiners who get stranded on an island that turned into a life-changing experience.
- You can also watch my church, Church So Blessed‘s, broadcast, The Seven Last Words of Christ on Good Friday at 10:30 am. Learn the significance of all these words through Spirit-filled speakers who will take you step-by-step through Christ’s words.
- Your kids should not be left. Superbook is broadcasting through its Philippine Facebook page a marathon of episodes just for this Holy Week. This will allow your precious children to be exposed to the wonderful plan of God for their lives.
The Holy Week should not only be a time to indulge our senses but also to edify our spirit and not forget that Jesus gave His life for you and me. It should also be a time of reflection, prayer, and meditation on the goodness of God to give His own Son to redeem us from our sins.
Image by tirachardz on Freepik