2012 was in no way a perfect year. It was full of challenges and achievements, including disappointments and frustrations. What can we do when the New Year comes?
Every time the clock hits 12 o’clock midnight on December 31, many people will make promises to themselves called resolutions. I’m not writing to even suggest that you do one. The New Year is always a symbolic time to make all things new, which we can’t and that is what makes it frustrating.
We cannot make things new. what WE CAN do is make things better.
Here is a list of things I want to be better at:
- Become a better Christian. This one tops the list and is also sounding cliche already, but this one is the most critical. Become better at this and you will have greater chances at becoming better in the following items. I will need to become a better worshipper. I need to pray more and read the Bible more. I need to become better at loving others above myself. I also want to become a better giver. Becoming a better Christian means becoming better at listening to what God is telling me and becoming better at obeying it.
- Become a better husband. I want my wife to love me more this coming year, not less. I need to always show her my love for her so at in turn, she will show me her love more. This is called the Law of Reciprocity. give and it shall be given to you.I will also try not to do the things she does not like with me which are numerous to list.
- Become a better father. There are times i fail my children, or show them my love and respect. I need to guide them to become the best that they can be. I want to leave them a good legacy that they can tell their children and getting to hear it will be a reward from God.
- Become a better friend. So many things consumed me the past year and i neglected some of my friends. I want to have more time with them. To share hopes and dreams. Joke around and fellowship. Ahh…we should not forget our youth so that it may fuel ourselves to do greater things.
- Become a better coworker. In church and in the office. I want to become excellent in everything i do without sacrificing the first four. To offer 100% of what i know when i know i can do it.
- Lastly, to become better at telling others how Jesus loves them. So if you are reading this right now, I want you to know that Jesus loves you and died for your sins. He [Jesus] wants you to tell Him that you are sorry for all your sins and that you want Him in your life. Just a simple prayer uttering those words will do. Go on. It will change your life.